Daniel Donahue (Massachusetts)
|Daniel M. Donahue|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Sixteenth Worcester District|
|September 25, 2013 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||September 10, 2013|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Elections for the office of Massachusetts House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. Incumbent Daniel Donahue is challenged by Joshua Perro in the Democratic primary.
Donahue won election in a special election for Massachusetts House of Representatives 16th Worcester District. The seat was vacant following John Fresolo's (D) resignation due to an ethics investigation.Donahue defeated Khrystian E. King, Daniele F. Nanni, James M. O’Brien and Joshua Perro in the August 13 Democratic primary on August 13 and defeated Carol E. Claros (R) in the special election, which took place on September 10.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, 16th Worcester District, Special Election, 2013|
|Republican||Carol E. Claros||36.1%||912|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Massachusetts Fiscal Alliance: 2013-2014 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on bills of interest to an organization advocating economically conservative policy.
- Massachusetts League of Environmental Voters: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored on environmental issues.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel M. + Donahue + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Massachusetts state legislative districts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- myfoxboston.com, "Special election to fill State Rep. Fresolo's seat announced," May 23, 2013
- sec.state.ma.us, "Primary Candidates," accessed July 19, 2013
- masslive.com, "Democrats Dan Cullinane, Daniel Donahue and Carol Fiola elected to Massachusetts House," September 11, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- electionstats.state.ma.us, "Official special election results," accessed November 19, 2013
John Fresolo (D)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Worcester 16
| Succeeded by|
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |