Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Missouri 19th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Undergraduate:||Trevecca Nazarene College|
|Law School:||University of Missouri School of Law, 1990|
|Candidate for:||19th Judicial Circuit Court|
|Election information 2014:|
- See also: Missouri judicial elections, 2014
| Green ran for re-election to the 19th Judicial Circuit Court.
Primary: He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 5, 2014.
General: He was unopposed in the general election on November 4, 2014.
Green ran for election to the 19th Judicial Circuit Court. He won 51.3 percent of the vote in the Republican primary and defeated Paul C. Wilson in the general election on November 2, 2010, receiving 58 percent of the vote.
- Main article: Missouri judicial elections, 2010
Prior to joining the court, Green was a lawyer for 20 years.
Judge denies new trial for Ryan Ferguson
Judge Green ruled that there would be no new trial for Ryan Ferguson, who was convicted of a 2005 murder, despite recanted testimony.
Ryan Ferguson and Charles Erickson were accused of the 2001 murder of Kent Heitholt, a sports editor for the Columbia Tribune. Erickson, made a deal with law enforcement to implicate Ferguson, who was then sentenced to 40 years in prison in 2005. Erickson got 25 years. Ferguson maintained his innocence. Erickson, in 2012, recanted his testimony that Ferguson was active in the murder. Another key witness, Jerry Trump, who had previously testified that he saw Ferguson at the scene of the crime, recanted his testimony as well. In denying a new trial, Judge Green stated, "This Court finds the recantation of Erickson to be not credible and false."Ferguson was released in late 2013 after an appeals court found that he did not receive a fair trial. See the story of his release on Judge Kevin Crane's page.
- ColeCountyCourts.org, "19th Judicial Circuit Court"
- Crime Magazine, "One murder, two victims: The wrongful conviction of Ryan Ferguson," June 29, 2012
- stltoday.com, "Judge rejects MOSIRA science startup fund," February 22, 2012
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Official election returns," November 30, 2010
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial candidate filing list: Circuit judge - Circuit 19," accessed April 5, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "UnOfficial Results," updated August 7, 2014, accessed August 7, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Unofficial 2010 primary election results," August 24, 2010
- Daniel Green campaign website, accessed September 14, 2010
- Martindale.com, "Daniel R. Green - Lawyer profile," accessed April 4, 2014
- The Columbia Daily Tribune, "Special prosecutor named in Ryan Ferguson case at Knight's request," November 9, 2013
- KOMU Channel 8, "Judge denies new trial for convicted murderer Ryan Ferguson," October 31, 2012