|Kansas House of Representatives District 100|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|High school||Buhler High School (1978)|
|Bachelor's||Emporia State University (1983)|
Hawkins earned his B.S. in Business Marketing from Emporia State University. His professional experience includes owning and operating his own insurance firm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hawkins served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Children and Seniors|
|• Health and Human Services|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Financial Institutions|
Hawkins' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will work to limit government intervention in our day to day lives and make government more efficient."
- Excerpt: "We must continue to reform our tax law to include both income tax and property tax reform."
Grow Business and Grow Jobs
- Excerpt: "As a legislator I will do everything in my power to insure that government gets out of the way of business."
- Excerpt: "We must insure that parents are in charge of their children’s education."
- Excerpt: "I will not support expanded gambling in Kansas."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. John Wallace Willoughby was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Daniel Hawkins was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hawkins defeated Willoughby in the general election.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 100, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Daniel Hawkins Incumbent||70.1%||6,008|
|Democratic||John Wallace Willoughby||29.9%||2,565|
Hawkins won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 100. He defeated Bridget Schneider in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated John Wallace Willoughby (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 100, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 100 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Hawkins is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Hawkins raised a total of $18,581 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 21, 2013.
|Daniel Hawkins's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 100||$18,581|
|Grand Total Raised||$18,581|
2012Hawkins won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hawkins raised a total of $18,581.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Hawkins's campaign in 2012|
|Flint Hills Industries Inc||$500|
|Kansas Dental Association||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$18,581|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Daniel Hawkins received a score of 54.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Hawkins + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Hawkins' website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Daniel Hawkins on LinkedIn
- Daniel Hawkins on YouTube
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "danhawkinskansas," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hawkins, Daniel," accessed June 21, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Mario Goico (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |