Daniel J. Hunt
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Thirteenth Suffolk District|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||April 1, 2014|
A special election for the position of Massachusetts House of Representatives Thirteenth Suffolk District was called for April 1, with a primary on March 4. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was January 28. The seat was vacant following Martin Walsh's (D) election as Mayor of Boston. Daniel J. Hunt defeated Liam P. Curran, Gene I. Gorman, Paul L. Mccann, Jr. and John K. O’Toole in the Democratic primary. No Republican candidates filed to run and was unopposed in the special election, which took place on April 1.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Hunt + Massachusetts + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Boston Globe, "Democrats win seats formerly held by Walsh, O’Flaherty," April 2, 2014
- The New York Times, "State Lawmaker is Elected Mayor in Boston," November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 5, 2013.
- Massachusetts Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed February 18, 2014
- Boston Globe, "Daniel Hunt nominated for Martin Walsh seat," March 5, 2014
State of Massachusetts
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs | Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development | Chair of Public Utilities |