Daniel Johnson (Pennsylvania)
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 92|
Johnson is a hotel general manager. In 2011, he was awarded the General Manager of the Year award by the Pennsylvania Tourism & Lodging Association. He serves on the board of the York County Convention and Visitors Bureau. Johnson is a graduate of Penn State University. He is married to his wife, Casie. They have two children.
PoliticsPA has named the District 92 Republican primary one of Pennsylvania's top ten most interesting legislative primaries in 2012.
- Saving Money:
- "I will not accept a pension - the folks of the 92nd District should not be burdened by those they elect long after they have served in office."
- "I will not accept any pay raises."
- "I will pay into my own health care expenses, just as I do now in business."
- "I will cut expenses in my own office by a minimum of 10%."
- Fixing What is Broken in Pennsylvania:
- "Making Pennsylvania a "Right to Work State;" to include repealing requirements for PLA's, Agency Shop while protecting Secret Ballots."
- "Work to change Public Pensions for State Employees to a 401K based retirement program;"
- "Tackle the problem of Prevailing Wage which adds costs unnecessarily to our public construction projects;"
- "Deal with the 50 or so mandates in Pennsylvania on health care policies;"
- Property Taxes & Spending:
- "Vote to Reduce and cut taxes in every area possible; "
- "Vote in Support of House Bill 1776 - the Property Tax Independence Act"
- "Vote "NO" to spending money we don't have."
- "Vote "NO" if the annual budgets aren't balanced."
- "Propose that ANY increases in State Spending be tied to inflation."
- "Propose that the citizens be given the chance to vote for or against any increases in spending."
- Jobs & Unemployment:
- "I will meet regularly with the businesses in our area..."
- "Review all regulations in the state which, perhaps at one time made sense, but may not apply anymore."
- "Remove the State from any business venture or operation that could be better served by small business or by competition."
- "We should make it a priority to enable permits and licenses to be filed, renewed and updated online..."
- "There should be a simple way to know of any plan or proposal being considered or moving through the legislature so they can determine if now is the right time to start a new business..."
On March 27, the District 92 Republican candidates participated in a debate sponsored by the York County Republican Committee and the Northern York County Republican Club. Coverage of the debate can be found here.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 89 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Johnson + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Dan Johnson, Campaign site
- Dan Johnson, Official Twitter feed
- York Dispatch, "Issues and answers: The 92nd state House District," April 18, 2012 (Candidate questionnaire)
- WHTM, "Dan Johnson: Republican candidate for 92 Pa. House District" (Candidate video profile)
- [Daniel Johnson, Campaign site," accessed April 21, 2012]
- PoliticsPA, "Top 10 Most Interesting Pa. House & Senate Primaries," April 3, 2012
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List In Ballot Order," March 9, 2012
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |