|Daniel T. Lewis|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Governor of Tennessee|
Prior to Lewis' nomination for governor at the 2014 Libertarian Party of Tennessee's annual convention, Lewis was nominated by the party in the 2012, 2010, 2008 and 2004 general elections. He ran for District 52 of the Tennessee House of Representatives in 2012 elections and for the state house seat representing District 53 in 2010.
Since the Libertarian Party is not a recognized political party in Tennessee, he appeared on the ballot as an Independent candidate in each election.
- See also: Tennessee gubernatorial election, 2014
Lewis is running for election to the office of Governor of Tennessee. The general election takes place November 4, 2014. He will appear on the ballot as an Independent candidate because there is no official Libertarian party in Tennessee. However, according to Ballot Access News, the Tennessee Libertarian Party filed suit on July 30, 2014, to designate Lewis as "Libertarian" on the ballot.
|Tennessee House of Representatives, District 52, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Michael Stewart Incumbent||75.6%||12,601|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daniel + Lewis + Tennessee + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Elections," April 7, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Tennessee, "Candidates: Governor, Daniel T. Lewis," accessed April 11, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "Tennessee Libertarian Party Files Ballot Access Lawsuit," August 3, 2014
- Tennessee Department of State - Elections, "List of 2012 Candidates," accessed July 5, 2012
- Official House Election Results, 2010
State of Tennessee
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environment & Conservation | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | Chairman of Regulatory Authority |