Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 10|
|High school||Clayton High School (1987)|
|Bachelor's||Wisc Superior (1993)|
|Master's||St. Mary Minnesota (2001); Concordia University Wisconsin (2011)|
|Service/branch||Wisconsin Army National Guard|
|Profession||High School Teacher|
On his campaign website, Olson lists the following as "key issues:"
- Protecting our outdoor heritage and natural resources:
- "Preventing outside organizations from coming in and taking our resources and leaving us to clean their mess. Protecting our hunting and fishing rights. Maintain our scenic rivers and improve our care for the environment."
- Finding solutions to providing good-paying jobs throughout the 10th District:
- "Bring in "living wage" jobs throughout SD10. Provide assistance and work with businesses, both big and small, to improve employment opportunities for our residents. Educate our population in new technologies to make us more appealing to new businesses."
- Ensuring veterans and veteran programs receive the attention and funding they have earned:
- "Provide assistance for ALL veterans locally. Assist our veterans in gaining employment. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, 12.1% of Gulf War veterans to our most recent war veterans were unemployed in 2011. Increase funding for County Veteran Service Offices to provide necessary care for veterans."
- Improving our educational system at all levels:
- "Continuing to cut funding to schools at all levels reduces opportunities for students. To appeal to incoming businesses we have to educate our population in the latest technologies. We have to prepare our teachers and provide them with the tools to succeed. To advance society we have to educate our population!"
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2012
Olson ran in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Senate, District 10. Olson ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14th and was defeated by incumbent Sheila Harsdorf (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Sheila Harsdorf Incumbent||59.2%||51,911|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Daniel + Olson + Wisconsin + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- News in brief - The Courier Life News
- 2013-12-05T15:00:00Z News in brief La Crosse Tribune - The Courier Life News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found