|Evergreen Board of Directors, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
Poletti currently works as a payroll accountant. He and his wife have five children.
Poletti sought election to the board against incumbent Julie Bocanegra on November 5, 2013.
|Evergreen Board of Directors, District 1, Four-year term, November 5, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Julie Bocanegra Incumbent||50.2%||9,908|
|Source: Clark County Auditor's Office, "November 5, 2013 General Election," November 26, 2013|
Poletti reported no contributions or expenditures to the Washington Public Disclosure Commission.
Poletti provided the following statement for the 2013 Local Voters' Pamphlet in Clark County:
"Our district ranks 110th in the state while bordering Battle Ground is 56th. Some on this school board believe that our district is doing just fine. I disagree. I believe we can and must do better by:
My name is Dan Poletti. If you agree...please vote for me."
Note: The above quote is from the candidate's website, which may include some typographical or spelling errors.
What was at stake?
About the district
- See also: Evergreen Public Schools, Washington
Vancouver lags behind the rest of Washington based on median income, poverty levels and higher education achievement. The 2010 U.S. Census found the median income in Vancouver was $50,387 while the state median income was $58,890. The city's poverty rate was 15.5% compared to the state's 12.5% poverty rate. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (23.5%) was lower than the state average (31.4%).
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100.0%. Each column will add up to 100.0% after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Poletti + Evergreen + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Columbian, "Evergreen school district sees one contested board race," October 11, 2013
- Washington Public Disclosure Commission, "Local Candidates," accessed December 17, 2013
- Clark County Auditor, "Local Voters' Pamphlet," accessed October 3, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Vancouver," accessed September 20, 2013
- Clark County Auditor's Office, "Election Results," September 20, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014