|Wisconsin State Assembly District 7|
|January 7, 2013 – present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Rufus King High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago|
|J.D.||University of Wisconsin (currently enrolled)|
|Place of birth||Milwaukee, Wisconsin|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Riemer served on the following committees:
|Wisconsin Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• International Trade and Commerce|
|• Ways and Means|
Riemer's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Job creation
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the all 99 seats in the Wisconsin State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 12, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Daniel Riemer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Scott Espeseth was unopposed in the Republican primary. Riemer and Espeseth will face off in the general election.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2012
Riemer won election in the 2012 election for Wisconsin State Assembly District 7. He defeated incumbent Peggy Krusick (D) in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was unopposed in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Wisconsin State Assembly, District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Peggy Krusick Incumbent||33.1%||944|
Comprehensive donor information for Riemer is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Riemer raised a total of $30,689 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 5, 2013.
|Daniel Riemer's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Wisconsin State Assembly, District 7||$30,689|
|Grand Total Raised||$30,689|
2012Riemer won election to the Wisconsin State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Riemer raised a total of $30,689.
|Wisconsin State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daniel Riemer's campaign in 2012|
|Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin||$500|
|Wisconsin Federation of Teachers||$500|
|Federation Of Teachers Local 212||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$30,689|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2012, Riemer’s endorsements included the following:
- AFT local
- AFT Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Progress
- Wisconsin Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the Wisconsin State Legislature was in session from January 14 through June 4.
- Democracy in Wisconsin
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
- United Wisconsin
- NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin
- Wisconsin AFL-CIO - Senate & Assembly
- Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters
- Wisconsin Manufacturers & Commerce
- Wisconsin Professional Police Association
- Wisconsin Sierra Club
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daniel + Riemer + Wisconsin + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Wisconsin State Legislature
- Wisconsin State Assembly
- Wisconsin State Assembly Committees
- Wisconsin Joint Committees
- Wisconsin state legislative districts
- Office Website
- Official Campaign Website
- Follow Riemer on Twitter
- Profile from Open States
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Riemer for Assembly Official Campaign Website, "Issues," accessed August 10, 2012
- Wisconsin Government Accountability, "Candidates Registered by Office," June 11, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "2014 Partisan Primary Candidates," accessed June 19, 2014
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Candidates on Ballot by Election - 2012 Partisan Primary 8/14/2012," accessed June 12, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Riemer, Daniel," accessed June 5, 2013
- Campaign Twitter Feed, "Riemer4Assembly," July 2, 2012
Margaret Krusick (D)
|Wisconsin State Assembly District
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |