|New Jersey Senate, District 23|
|Date of birth||March 31, 1955|
|Place of birth||Trenton, New Jersey|
Seyler earned a B.S. from Radford University in 1978. His professional experience includes working as the chief executive officer and programmer for National Lombast, Inc., and as a school bus driver for First Student Transportation.
Seyler's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I feel Abortion is a matter that should be left to a woman and her conscience."
- Anonymous Committees
- Excerpt: "To eliminate Anonymous Committees, we need to elect administrators who can say 'NO' to the special interest groups that promote the special projects costing taxpayers so much money. If elected, I will do everything in my ability to prevent a need to raise taxes to pay for interest on debt refinancing for special interest projects we don't need."
- Energy Crisis
- Excerpt: "We need to reduce our demand for foreign oil by developing new domestic supplies for energy."
- Flat Income Tax
- Excerpt: "For a flat tax to work there need to be several factors in place at the same time. We need to be fair to the tax payers and we also need to be fair to the needs of the State of New Jersey. "Facilitate progress in ways that benefit everyone."
- Gun Control
- Excerpt: "In my opinion, our Second Amendment rights prevent totalitarian national movements."
- Lost Cost Housing
- Excerpt: "The only solution is for government to take a greater responsibility for our citizen's housing needs."
- Medical Marijuana
- Excerpt: "In 2007, I went on the record offering to give voters a chance to vote for or against legalization of Marijuana. Jon Corzine, the New Jersey Assembly and Senate beat me to it, they legalized Medicinal Marijuana."
- Online Pornography
- Excerpt: "Same as the Movie Industry, Websites could be reviewed and if necessary, stamped with an .xcom content rating. Pornography Websites that attempt to sneak past the .XCOM rating with legitimate sounding .COM names could simply be fined or deactivated."
- Route 29 Extension
- Excerpt: "Completion of this section of Route 29 will connect Milford, New Jersey to Riegelsville, New Jersey and create a scenic route along that section of the Delaware River. New housing will be introduced and new manufacturing firms will be able to locate to this area. More jobs, more housing, more tax income for the State. We used to call that "PROGRESS." Remember my objective, facilitate progress in ways that benefit all residents."
- Senior Freedom
- Excerpt: "With Senior Freedom, the Senior's property tax will be decreased. With my plan, a Senior or a qualified disabled person receives a reduction for their present Real Estate assessment for 1,000 square feet of housing area."
- Alternative Transportation
- Excerpt: "Flemington, Phillipsburg, Somerville and Trenton, New Jersey could be linked together with old train excursions. Just like the good old days, isn't that what it's all about? Let's not spend another $300,000. on a study, let's do it!"
In 2011, Seyler stated:
- "The purpose of Government is to facilitate progress in ways that benefit everyone. Democrats and Republicans are responsible for our skyrocketing costs. Conditions in New Jersey will not improve unless we elect candidates who will work to reduce the cost of Government."
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2013
|New Jersey State Senate, District 23 General Election, 2013|
|Republican||Michael Doherty Incumbent||67.6%||37,477|
|Democratic||Gerard R. Bowers||31.2%||17,311|
- See also: New Jersey State Senate elections, 2011
|New Jersey State Senate District 23 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Michael Doherty Incumbent||61.3%||21,596|
Seyler currently lives in Phillipsburg, New Jersey.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Seyler + New + Jersey + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 23," November 2, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 23," October 12, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official general election candidates," September 9, 2013
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Daniel Seyler's Biography
- "Daniel Z. Seyler for New Jersey State Senate," "Issues Positions," accessed September 4, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 5, 2013
- 2011 Unofficial State Senate General Election Candidte List (dead link)