Daniel Vila Rivera
|Daniel Vila Rivera|
|Former candidate for|
|U.S. House, New York, District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Rivera studied at City University of New York and Borough of Manhattan Community College.
Professionally, Rivera is the co-producer and co-host of WBAI's La Voz Latina.
Rivera has been involved in the labor rights, anti-war and community activist movements his entire adult life. He has worked with the Latino Workers Center, the New york City Coalition for Peach and Justice, New York City Labor Against War, the Harlem Tenants Council, the American Postal Workers Union and the Sisa Pakari Cultural & Labor Center.
Vila submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||Daniel Vila is the only candidate to represent NY District 13 who is:
Rivera ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent New York's 13th District. Rivera ran unopposed for the Green Party nomination in the primary on June 24, 2014. He was defeated by incumbent Charles Rangel (D) in the general election on November 4, 2014.
|U.S. House, New York District 13 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Charles Rangel Incumbent||74.5%||68,396|
|Green||Daniel Vila Rivera||10.7%||9,806|
|Source: New York State Board of Elections|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniel + Vila + Rivera + New York + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 13th Congressional District
- Campaign website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign Twitter feed
- Workers and Communities United for Vila
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List," accessed April 17, 2014
- Associated Press, "New York - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on October 4, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- The Huffington Post, "Election 2014," November 4, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |