|Michigan House of Representatives, District 90|
|January 1, 2015 - present|
|December 31, 2016|
|Years in position||0|
|Assistant Majority Floor Leader, Michigan House of Representatives|
|2015 - present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Garcia served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Commerce and Trade|
|• Education, Majority Vice Chair|
|• Health Policy|
|• Regulatory Reform|
Garcia's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- To support pro-life policies in Lansing.
- Create economic opportunity through sound policy that will help employers create new jobs, retain current talent and recruit new talent to Michigan.
- Provide patient-centered health care solutions to address the unaffordable and unsustainable law enacted by President Obama.
- Provide quality education for all students by allowing flexibility in spending and decisions to be made locally.
- Address the skills gap through career and technical education and workforce training initiatives.
- Increase accountability in State spending and eliminate unnecessary regulation and waste.
- Promote a collaborative envioronment in our community and State government.
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. James Haspas was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Daniela Garcia defeated Bob Harmsen, Geoff Haveman, Jim Holtrop and David Kroll in the Republican primary. Holtrop suspended his campaign before the primary due to "personal health issues." Garcia defeated Haspas in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 90 General Election, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 90 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Garcia's endorsements included the following:
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Daniela + Garcia + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 90
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan House Republicans - Daniela Garcia
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Daniela Garcia on Facebook
- votedanielagarcia.com, "Issues," accessed August 1, 2014
- Holtrop for Michigan, homepage, accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
Joe Haveman (R)
|Michigan House of Representatives District
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |