Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 2|
|Date of birth||5/9/1971|
Savage's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The ability of our schools to teach and nurture our children affects our community. One of my top priorities as your Senator will be to restore the $1 billion in funds Governor Corbett and the State Senate cut from Philadelphia schools. We must invest in the future of our children to meet the challenges facing them."
- Excerpt: "Governor Corbett and the State Senate have given away our precious natural gas resources that belong to all Pennsylvania to a small group of well-connected billionaires and greedy corporations. They pay nothing while making high profits at our expense. In the Senate, I will fight to tax those who take without paying for our resources to relieve your tax burden."
- Excerpt: "After working hard all their lives, seniors should not have to make a choice between putting food on the table and getting needed medical care and medicine. As Senator, I will work to expand Medicaid, increase senior subsidies, extend property tax relief and assure that seniors can remain in their homes."
- Excerpt: "Increasing crime is having an adverse effect on the quality of life in our communities. We must insist that our law enforcement officers have the resources needed to fight those who prey on our citizens. We must strengthen community-based policing programs."
Jobs and Opportunities
- Excerpt: "As your Senator, I will fight for increasing the minimum wage. I will do what is necessary to build a stronger middle class by expanding job opportunities, helping workers find jobs in growing industries, supporting job training programs and technical training."
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in that election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Christine Tartaglione defeated Danny Savage and Tomas Sanchez in the Democratic primary, while John Jenkins was unopposed in the Republican primary. Tartaglione defeated Jenkins in the general election.
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 2 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Christine Tartaglione Incumbent||78.9%||35,405|
|Pennsylvania State Senate, District 2 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Christine Tartaglione Incumbent||51%||9,862|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Danny + Savage + Pennsylvania + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania State Senate
- Pennsylvania State Legislature
- Pennsylvania State Senate elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania State Senate District 2
- savageforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed April 29, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 19, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 General Election," accessed December 5, 2014