Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 110|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Charleston High School|
|Associate's||Lake Land College|
Cox is lifelong resident of Coles County. He graduated from Charleston High School in 1976. He then earned his Associate's degree in law enforcement from Lake Land College in 1978. In 1980, Cox graduated from the Illinois State Police Academy. He graduated from the Illinois University of Illinois Police Training Institute in 1995.
Cox listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I believe that the current flat tax is fair and better than a progressive tax."
- Pension reform
- Excerpt: "I believe the recent law passed as pension reform is unconstitutional."
- Gun control
- Excerpt: " I believe the right of self-protection is a God given right, not a right given to us by our government. We should not have to pay a fee to exercise our 2nd amendment rights. As citizens we should have the right of self-protection whether we are in our homes, walking down the street or driving our car down the street."
- Term limits
- Excerpt: "Term limits should be for all."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Reginald "Reggie" Phillips defeated Darrell Cox and Kevin L. Garner in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 110 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Reginald "Reggie" Phillips||41.9%||5,804|
|Kevin L. Garner||18.2%||2,523|
Cox lives on a small farm north of Ashmore, Illinois.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Darrell + Cox + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Elect Darrell Cox for State Representative: "Home," accessed March 9, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on February 26, 2014]
- Elect Darrell Cox for State Representative: "Issues," accessed March 9, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |