Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 6|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Incumbent Hoon-Yung Hopgood was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Darrell McNeill was unopposed in the Republican primary. Hopgood defeated McNeill in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 6 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Hoon-Yung Hopgood Incumbent||62.3%||42,835|
McNeill was a Republican candidate for District 22 in the Michigan House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. He defeated Donald Lingerfelt in the August 3, 2010, Republican primary. He was defeated by Douglas Geiss (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 22 General election (2010)|
|Douglas Geiss (D)||14,296|
|Darrell McNeill (R)||6,748|
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 6
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Department of State, "General Election Results," March 2, 2011