|Former candidate for|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 35|
Buchanan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Job Creation & Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "The need exists; to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure and to put our citizens back to work. The idea that workers are lazy is not only inaccurate; it is repugnant to the spirit of Michigan workers desperately seeking work every day. The opportunities exist, what is needed is the courage to do what is obvious and necessary for our state and our residents."
Health Care Women's Rights Education
- Excerpt: "Maybe I'm not looking at this through the proper lens. Public education results in this country are failing. It is constantly being criticized for falling behind when compared to other industrialized nations. But when the federal government devises a standard of base subject matter that all students should be taught, there is even more vehement outcry over the government imposing base standards of performance."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Jeremy Moss defeated Nicole Brown, Darryle Buchanan and Charles Roddis in the Democratic primary. Robert Brim was unopposed in the Republican primary. Moss faces Brim in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 35 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Darryle + Buchanan + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 35
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Darryle Buchanan on Facebook
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- buchanan4staterep.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |