|Iowa State Senate District 5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Associate's||Iowa Central Community College|
|Bachelor's||Buena Vista University|
|Date of birth||December 11, 1946|
|Place of birth||Fort Dodge, IA|
|Religion||United Methodist Church|
Beall earned his B.A. in political science from Buena Vista University and his M.P.A. from Drake University. His professional experience includes working as a Teacher of Government at Urbandale High School, University Relations Director for Dakota Wesleyan University, Aide to Congressman Stanley Greigg and a journalist.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Beall served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation, Vice Chair|
|• Veterans Affairs, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Beall served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Local Government, Vice chair|
|• Veterans Affairs, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Beall served on these committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Local Government|
|• Veterans Affairs|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Iowa State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Daryl Beall was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Tim Kraayenbrink was unopposed in the Republican primary. Beall faced Kraayenbrink in the general election. Challenger Kraayenbrink defeated incumbent Beal in the general election.
|Iowa State Senate, District 5 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Daryl Beall Incumbent||44.2%||9,801|
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2010
In the June 8 primary election, Beall ran unopposed.
|Iowa State Senate, District 25 (2010) General Election|
|Daryl Beall (D)||10,504||54.2%|
|Chris McGonegle (R)||8,861||45.8%|
|Iowa State Senate, District 25 (2006)|
|Daryl Beall (D)||13,022|
|Tom Sooter (R)||6,400|
In 2010, a year in which Beall was up for re-election, he collected $105,789 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Iowa State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Daryl Beall's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$22,132|
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$22,029|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$3,000|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,000|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$105,789|
In 2006 Beall collected $162,658 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Senate Majority Fund||$62,837|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$4,000|
|Iowa Democratic Party||$3,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$2,250|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
Beall and his wife, Jo Ann, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Daryl + Beall + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Daryl Beall on Facebook
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 election results," accessed December 24, 2013
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2006 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2006 Senate candidates," accessed April 8, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2010 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2006 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Robert Bacon (R)
|Iowa State Senate District 5
| Succeeded by|
Tim Kraayenbrink (R)
Robert E. Dvorsky
|Iowa State Senate District 25
| Succeeded by|
Bill Dix (R)