Daryl Lee Smith
|Daryl Lee Smith|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Hawaii State Senate District 2|
|Years of service||1972-1975|
|Profession||Former business owner|
Smith has owned several businesses in the security, construction, storage, and food service fields. He is a veteran, having served in the Military Police.
Smith's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Small business taxes and regulations
- "Increasing taxes, tighter regulations, and a struggling economy make it hard for each and every one of us to stay above water. When elected, I will fight to preserve small business tax incentives, tear down pro-hibitive bureaucratic regulations, all of which will help our ailing economy get back on it’s feet."
- See also: Hawaii State Senate elections, 2012
Smith ran in the 2012 election for Hawaii State Senate District 2. Smith ran unopposed in the August 11 Republican primary and was defeated by Russell Ruderman (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Hawaii State Senate, District 2, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Daryl Lee Smith||23.1%||3,154|
Smith and his wife Linda have one daughter, Morgan, and one grandson.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Daryl + Smith + Hawaii + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Daryl Lee Smith for Senate, "About Daryl," accessed September 12, 2012 (timed out)
- Daryl Lee Smith, "Daryl Lee Smith, Republican for Hawaiʻi State Senate," accessed 15 September 2012
- civilbeat.com, " Unofficial 2012 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 24, 2014
- Hawaii Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 24, 2014