|U.S. House, Colorado, District 6|
|Master's||Harvard University, 1976|
|Place of birth||Flint, MI|
Anderson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "Our jobs problem: Simply put, we have a “jobs drain.” Not enough jobs means too many are unemployed and they’re staying unemployed for longer. With a decreasing labor force and more of our population living below the poverty level a massive financial hardship is being placed on the middle class."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "The events of 9/11 – beyond the horrific tragedy and loss of life — changed the game when it comes to our national security. The days of the Cold War are long gone and those intent on the destruction of our nation and our way of life are a different kind of enemy. And this requires a different approach to assembling our forces and how we engage our enemies."
- American Values
- Excerpt: "Perhaps there could be no finer example of citizenship and patriotic duty than that of the “Greatest Generation” from WWII. Men – and in some cases, teenage boys — signed up for the war effort while women filled the factories to keep our nation’s industrial machine going. There was also shared sacrifice."
- Excerpt: "Our present tax system has made the U.S economy uncompetitive in the global market by embedding cost in production and impeding job creation. It lacks transparency where one large pot is without clear dedication or control. The current code is complex and inefficient which creates opportunity for fraud and evasion. "
- Excerpt: "We presently spend 50% more than any other developed nation when it comes to health care. Yet the overall results in key health indicators rank us 40th in the world. We spend a $1 trillion more than we should every year, for what we get. This is absolutely unsustainable and crucially uncompetitive."
Anderson ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 5th District. He ran as an Independent candidate. He was defeated by incumbent Doug Lamborn (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 5 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Doug Lamborn Incumbent||65%||199,639|
|Constitution||Kenneth R. Harvell||4.3%||13,212|
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House, Colorado District 5, 2012 - Dave Anderson Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner||$696,044|
|Total Spent by Election Winner||$799,502|
|Top contributors to Dave Anderson's campaign committee|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|Accelerating Potential LLC||$2,500|
|Karl Dakin LLC||$2,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Misc Manufacturing & Distributing||$3,000|
Anderson and his wife, Kady, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dave + Anderson + Colorado + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.