Dave Brown (Minnesota)
|Minnesota State Senate, District 15|
|2011 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma Wesleyan University|
|Birthday||June 26, 1961|
|Place of birth||Iowa|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Brown earned his B.A. from Oklahoma Wesleyan University. His professional experience includes working as an independent insurance agent, and in the Christian music industry.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environment and Energy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brown served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Rural Economies|
|• Capital Investment|
|• Commerce and Consumer Protection|
|• Energy, Utilities, Technology and Communications|
|• Higher Education|
Brown 's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I support parental control in our children's education, which includes the options of homeschooling, charter and private schools. Fairness in education funding needs to be a priority in Minnesota."
- Excerpt: "Minnesota's economy and the creation of new jobs can be significantly improved with the permitting of the copper and nickel mines in northern Minnesota."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "I will propose a flat income tax rate for all Minnesota wage earners that allows us to keep over $1 billion more of our hard earned money. I support no tax increases and will work to reduce the size of our ever-increasing state government."
Protecting the Unborn
- Excerpt: "I support the right to life for our unborn children. From conception to birth, babies are living human beings and should be protected as such. Abortion should not be legal and there should be no public funding to end the life of a baby."
Right to Bear Arms
- Excerpt: "The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. I strongly support our right to keep and bear arms and believe this right must not be violated."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
|Minnesota State Senate, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dave Brown Incumbent||56.6%||21,917|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2010
|Minnesota State Senate, District 16 (2010)|
|Dave Brown (R)||20480||57.38%|
|Lisa Fobbe (D)||15164||42.49%|
Comprehensive donor information for Brown is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Brown raised a total of $73,824 during that time period. This information was last updated on December 12, 2013.
|Dave Brown's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Minnesota State Senate, District 15||$38,571|
|2010||Minnesota State Senate, District 16||$35,253|
|Grand Total Raised||$73,824|
2012Brown won re-election to the Minnesota State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Brown raised a total of $38,571.
|Minnesota State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Brown's campaign in 2012|
|15B House District Republican Party of Minnesota||$837|
|Hubbard, Karen H.||$500|
|Minnesota Telecommunication Alliance||$500|
|15A House District Republican Party of Minnesota||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$38,571|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Brown raised $35,253 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|16B House District RPM||$2,900|
|6th Congressional District RPM||$2,000|
Taxpayers League of Minnesota
The Taxpayers League of Minnesota, a Minnesota-based taxpayer advocacy organization, releases a legislative scorecard for the Minnesota House of Representatives and Minnesota State Senate once a year. The scorecard gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on tax issues and “their efforts to balance the state budget without a tax increase.” The organization also compiles a legislator’s individual "Lifetime Score."
Brown and his wife, Deb, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dave + Brown + Minnesota + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- "davebrownforsenate," Official Campaign Website
- Rick Santorum for President, "SANTORUM ANNOUNCES MINNESOTA LEADERSHIP ENDORSEMENTS," February 6, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State of Minnesota Canvassing Report," accessed May 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Secretary of State Official general election results
- Follow the Money, "Brown, Dave," accessed December 12, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecards," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2013," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Taypayers League of Minnesota, "Legislative Scorecard, 2011," accessed May 15, 2014
John Pederson (R)
|Minnesota State Senate District 15
| Succeeded by|
Lisa Fobbe (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 16
| Succeeded by|
Gary Dahms (R)