Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Attorney General of Missouri|
|Bachelor's||William Jewel College|
|J.D.||University of Missouri Kansas City|
|Service/branch||U.S. Army Reserve|
|Years of service||1970-1977|
|Birthday||July 25, 1949|
|Place of birth||Independence, Missouri|
|(dead link as of May 2013) Campaign website|
Browning was born and raised in Independence, Missouri. He received his Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from William Jewell College in 1971. He served as a Sergeant in the U.S. Army Reserve from 1971-1977 while contemporaneously attending the University of Missouri School of Law in Kansas City. Browning graduated with his J.D. in 1975, and launched his legal career immediately thereafter. He spent nine years as an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney in Jefferson and Jackson Counties, and another twenty-eight years as a private practice litigator. Browning joined the Libertarian Party in 2004.
- B.A, Business Administration, William Jewell College (1971)
- J.D., University of Missouri Kansas City (1975)
- See also: Missouri attorney general election, 2012
Browning filed his candidacy for attorney general with the secretary of state on March 27, 2012. He was the only Libertarian in the race. In an interview posted on his campaign website, Browning said that most important issue in the current attorney general race was "The proper use of power to renew our constitutional Republic." Browning was defeated by incumbent Chris Koster (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Browning made an unsuccessful bid for Congress in 2008 as a candidate for U.S. House of Representatives, District 6.
- General Election
|United States House, Missouri General Election, 2008|
|Republican||Sam Graves Incumbent||59.4%||196,526|
Browning is married to Teresa V. Garner-Browning, and has three stepsons named Jacob, Corey, Raymond.
- Attorney General of Missouri
- Current Attorney General Chris Koster
- Missouri attorney general election, 2012
- Secretary of State Official Website, "2012 Candidate Listings," March 28, 2012</ref>
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography-Dave Browning," accessed March 28, 2012</ref>
- Dave Browning for Congress
- Dave Browning for Attorney General 2012 (dead link as of May 2013)