|North Carolina State Senate District 23|
|Bachelor's||Georgia Institute of Technology (1990)|
Carter received his B.S. in Management from the Georgia Institute of Technology and did post-graduate work in Strategic and Entrepreneurial Studies at Georgia State University in Atlanta.
Carter specializes in Business Intelligence and Customer Relationship Management. A frequent civic volunteer he has been Program Director and Camp Director for the Boy Scouts of America, Orange District Day Camp. He is the webmaster for the Orange County GOP and on their Executive Committee.
Information submitted to Ballotpedia, Carter outlined his 2012 campaign:
I don't want national politics to confuse the local or state agenda. The State of North Carolina needs to concentrate on clearing out the 'good ole boy' deals and corruption ('hey, I know a friend who can provide a really cheap airplane...") which is in existence in NC. Transparency (and far more availability of easier to understand information for laypersons) is vital to North Carolinians. Our State government should eliminate the the nonsense laws which bar easier access to business so we can promote growth not only of our state economy but the welfare of our citizenry. I believe that too many legislative actions are created 'just to give the politicians' something to do. I want to streamline our State's actions so we use more common sense and people can say that things that are 'right' are also legal."
Carter ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 23. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on May 8 and was defeated by incumbent Eleanor Kinnaird (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|North Carolina State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Eleanor Kinnaird Incumbent||67%||71,919|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Dave + Carter + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Another regional run for Murphy, Swain - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Your daily jolt: 38 percent of state lawmakers are ALEC members - Atlanta Journal Constitution (blog)
- Obama and Inequality (and Clinton): A Long-Term Project - Daily Beast
- Andrew Jackson: Symbol of a Southern Age - History News Network
- The woman who has the secret to make any man fall for you - Irish Independent
- The Coming Cruz Hangover - Daily Beast
- NHL roundup: Panthers beat Ducks, stop skid - Boston Globe
- Ongoing troubles with Obama's health law give GOP a much-needed boost - Deseret News
- Jay Z Takes Lead Role in Barneys' Racial Profiling Council; Net-a-Porter ... - Daily Beast
- Gallery: Top sports photos of the day - Canada.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dave Carter on Twitter