Dave Cogdill and Jenny Kenoyer recall, Modesto, California (2014)
An effort to recall city council members Dave Cogdill and Jenny Kenoyer in Modesto, California from their positions was launched in March and April of 2014. Recall petitioners did not turn in enough signatures to force a recall of either official.
Recall proponent arguments
Modesto resident John P. Walker has cited as grounds for recall Cogdill's votes to approve a contentious shopping center project and to include Salida and Wood Colony in the city's update to its general plan. John Holsinger is organizing the recall effort against Kenoyer.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in California
On May 28, 2014, the Modesto City Clerk's Office approved the recall petitions against Cogdill and Kenoyer. Recall proponents will have until September 24, 2014 to collect the signatures necessary to trigger a recall election. To recall Kenoyer, recall proponents needed to collect at least 3,363 valid signatures. To recall Cogdill, they needed to collect 3,184 signatures. Both recall efforts failed to turn in the required number of valid signatures in order to bring the recall to a vote.
- The Modesto Bee, "Modesto City Council OKs bus fare hikes; supports Stanislaus County transportation tax spending plan," March 11, 2014
- The Modesto Bee, "Modesto News: City addressing auditor's criticism of Public Works," April 10, 2014
- The Modesto Bee, "Jeff Jardine: Kenoyer-Cogdill Jr. recall effort is latest to fail," July 12, 2014
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- The Modesto Bee, "Modesto City Council foes gathering signatures to put recall on ballot," May 28, 2014