|Iowa House of Representatives District 49|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||7|
|Assistant Majority Leader, Iowa State House of Representatives|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University, 1983|
|Birthday||December 14, 1960|
|Place of birth||Manhattan, KS|
Deyoe's professional experience includes working as a farmer.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Deyoe served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Environmental Protection|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Deyoe served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Administration and Rules, Vice-chair|
|• Environmental Protection|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Deyoe served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Administration and Rules|
|• Environmental Protection|
|• Local Government|
|• Natural Resources|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Kevin Ericson was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Dave Deyoe was unopposed in the Republican primary. Ericson faced Deyoe in the general election. Incumbent Deyoe defeated Ericson in the general election.
|Iowa House of Representatives District 49, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Dave Deyoe Incumbent||65.4%||7,727|
Deyoe ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 49. Deyoe ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012, and defeated Kevin Ericson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 48, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Dave Deyoe Incumbent||59.8%||9,192|
Deyoe won re-election to the 10th District seat against Selden Spencer (D). Deyoe had no opposition in the Republican primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 10 General Election (2010)|
|Dave Deyoe (R)||7,803|
|Selden Spencer (D)||4,734|
On November 4, 2008, Deyoe was re-elected to the 10th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Susan R. Radke (D). Deyoe raised $143,773 for his campaign, while Radke raised $8,148.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 10|
|Dave Deyoe (R)||9,240|
|Susan R. Radke (D)||6,310|
Comprehensive donor information for Deyoe is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Deyoe raised a total of $446,889 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Dave Deyoe's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 49||$54,264|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 10||$64,771|
|2008||Iowa State House, District 10||$143,773|
|2006||Iowa State House, District 10||$184,081|
|Grand Total Raised||$446,889|
2012Deyoe won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Deyoe raised a total of $54,264.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Deyoe's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Republican Party||$3,845|
|Iowa Corn Growers Association||$3,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$3,000|
|Rastetter, Bruce L||$2,500|
|Underwood, Roger C||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$54,264|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Deyoe collected $64,771 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Deyoe's campaign in 2010|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$3,000|
|Iowa Republican Party||$2,133|
|Huhn, MD, Ronald G||$2,000|
|Iowa Association Of Business & Industry||$1,500|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$64,771|
In 2008 Deyoe collected $143,773 in donations.
His five largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$93,491|
|Iowa Farm Bureau||$4,975|
|Huhn, Ronald G.||$2,000|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$2,000|
Deyoe is a member of the Nevada Rotary, Secretary/Treasurer of the Nevada School Foundation, President of the Story County Farm Bureau and President of Story County Pork Producers.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Dave + Deyoe + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 49
- Iowa State Legislature
- Dave Deyoe on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Dave Deyoe on Facebook
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Deyoe, Dave," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 8, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Helen Miller (D)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
Tom W. Shaw (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |