|Missouri House of Representatives, District 119|
|2011 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Birthday||February 3, 1972|
|Place of birth||Washington, Missouri|
Hinson's professional experience includes working as a firefighter and paramedic.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hinson served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations - Infrastructure and Job Creation|
|• Appropriations - Public Safety and Corrections|
|• Crime Prevention and Public Safety, Chair|
|• Financial Institutions|
|• Professional Registration and Licensing|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hinson served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Appropriations - Transportation and Economic Development|
|• Crime Prevention|
|• Local Government|
No New Taxes Pledge
A minority of Missouri lawmakers signed the 2011 edition of the "No New Taxes Pledge." The Taxpayer Protection Pledge is offered by the non-profit lobbying organization Americans for Tax Reform with the goal of opposing all tax increases as a matter of principle. Just one out of 34 state Senate members signed the 2011 pledge. Out of 163 state House members, only 38 lawmakers signed.
Hinson signed the pledge.
Hinson won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 119. Hinson ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and ran unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Hinson's opponent in the August 3 primary was Paul Arand.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 98 General Election (2010)|
|Dave Hinson (R)||7,050|
|Mary Jo Straatmann (D)||4,603|
Comprehensive donor information for Hinson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Hinson raised a total of $134,877 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 21, 2013.
|Dave Hinson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 119||$81,720|
|2010||Missouri House of Representatives, District 98||$53,157|
|Grand Total Raised||$134,877|
Hinson won re-election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Hinson raised a total of $81,720.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Hinson's campaign in 2012|
|Missouri State Council of Firefighters||$5,420|
|Hinson, Dave & Heather||$3,000|
|Professional Firefighters of Eastern Missouri Local 2665||$2,000|
|Missouri Hospital Association||$1,750|
|Physicians Professional Indemnity Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$81,720|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Hinson was up for re-election, he collected $53,157 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Robertson Shop Fund||$4,450|
|Friends of Tilley||$3,500|
|Citizens for Timothy W Jones||$2,500|
Hinson and his wife, Heather, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dave + Hinson + Missouri + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jeff City Beat: Munzlinger seeks pay raises for sheriffs - Kirksville Daily Express and Daily News
- Officials warn of funding crisis for Missouri roads - Kansas City Star
- Mo. Lawmakers Push Sales Tax Hike To Fund Road Projects - Law360 (subscription)
- Missouri Highway Chief Warns of Funding Drop Off - CBS Local
- Rep. Keith Frederick; Capitol Report for Jan. 24 - The Rolla Daily News
- Transportation chief warns of shortfall - Columbia Daily Tribune
- Highway chief warns of funding drop-off - The Rolla Daily News
- Mo. Lawmakers Push Sales Tax Hike To Fund Highway Projects - Law360 (subscription)
- Area Lawmakers Submit Quarterly Finance Reports With Ethics Commission - The Missourian
- Local Lawmakers Prepare for Legislative Session - The Missourian
- Office website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- Americans for Tax Reform, "2011 State Legislative Signers of the Taxpayer Protection Pledge," Accessed November 26, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- "Follow the Money", "Hinson, Dave", Accessed September 21, 2013
- 2010 campaign contributions
|Missouri House of Representatives District 119
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 98
| Succeeded by|
Dwight Scharnhorst (R)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |