|Board Member, Olentangy Local School District, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Profession||Architect, Business owner|
King has a Bachelor's degree in Architecture from Ohio University and is a founding partner of Horne and King Architects. King previously served on the district’s Development committee for 11 years. He also served as a volunteer with the Olentangy Liberty High School (OLHS) music boosters.
|Olentangy Local School District, At-large General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||Julie Wagner Feasel Incumbent||36.4%||8,095|
|Nonpartisan||Dave King Incumbent||33.3%||7,416|
|Source: Delaware County Board of Elections, "Election Summary Report for General Election in Delaware County, Ohio," accessed December 13, 2013|
King was not endorsed in this campaign.
What was at stake?
Four candidates vied for two at-large seats on the Olentangy Local School Board on November 5, 2013. Both incumbents filed for re-election.
About the district
- See also: Olentangy Local School District, Ohio
In terms of graduation rate, average household income and poverty rate, Delaware County overperformed in these areas by a fairly wide margin. The graduation rate was 95.9% compared to 87.8% statewide. The average household income was $90,022 compared to $48,071 in the entire state. The poverty rate was 4.5%, while the poverty rate for Ohio was 14.8%.
|Racial Demographics, 2010|
|Race||Delaware County (%)||Ohio (%)|
|Hispanic or Latino||2.3||3.3|
|Two or More Races||2.3||2.0|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Dave + King + Olentangy + Local + School + District + Ohio"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Olentangy Local School District, "Board Members," accessed October 30, 2013
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Elections & Voting: Campaign Finance," accessed December 23, 2013
- U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Delaware County," accessed October 21, 2013
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.