Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 23|
|Ph.D.||University of Kansas|
Pack retired earlier this year, but was formerly a professor at both Ohio State University and Miami (OH) University. He attended the University of Kansas, earning a Doctorate in Statistics.
Pack's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Primary / Secondary Education
- Excerpt: "I will be a strong supporter of adequate funding for our public primary and secondary schools. We must look at education as Kansans, not as residents of Johnson County who are only looking after their own personal interests."
- Excerpt: "We need to recognize the crucial role of higher education in our state’s economic strength and support the system in the most effective way we can."
- Excerpt: "The taxes people paid helped us to be successful together. Middle class demand was the driving force for great job growth."
- Excerpt: "I will work in support of systems of taxation for Kansans that seek to fairly balance the collection of taxes in our state. I believe in progressive taxation, that is, taxation in proportion to one’s level of income."
- Excerpt: "We all need to recognize that hunger, homelessness, lack of health care, etc., all shorten people’s lives. Being “for life” should lead us to support the existence of a strong government safety net."
Pack ran in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 23. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and was defeated by Kelly Meigs (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kelly Meigs Incumbent||50.9%||4,390|
Pack and his wife Karen have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Dave + Pack + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Dave Pack on Facebook
- "davepack," Official Campaign Website
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 Primary (unofficial)," accessed June 19, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |