|Nebraska State Senate District 2|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
October 7, 2011
|Profession||Entrepreneur / Senator|
Pankonin graduated from Louisville High School, and subsequently attended the University of Nebraska College of Business Administration, and the M.B.A. program at Northwestern University from 1974-75.
He is the former mayor of Louisville, Nebraska, where he also served as a city council member and a member of the Louisville Public School Board.
Pankonin earned his Bachelors degree at the University of Nebraska - Lincoln college of Business Administration in 1974 and attended Northwestern University for his MBA from 1974 to 1975.
Pankonin is the president and owner of Pankonin's, Incorporated.
Pankonin began his political experience as a member on the Louisville Public Schools Board and the Louisville City Councilin 2000. He left the city council in 2003 to become Mayor of Louisville, Nebraska until 2006, in which year he was elected a Nebraskan senator.
Pankonin is currently involved with a number of organizations, including the Cass County Historical Society, Home State Bank, Louisville Care Center Advisory Board, Louisville First United Methodist Church, Louisville Public Library Board, Nebraska United Methodist Church Council on Finance and Administration, Nebraska United Methodist Foundation, and the College of Business Administration Alumni Association, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Pankonin currently serves on one non-legislative committee, the Worker's Compensation System Task Force.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Pankonin served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Pankonin served on these committees:
- Banking, Commerce and Insurance Committee
- Health and Human Services Committee
- Nebraska Retirement Systems Committee
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
|Nebraska State Senate, District 2 General election (2010)|
|Nebraska State Senate, District 2 (2006)|
In 2010, a year in which Pankonin was up for re-election, he collected $42,311 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Nebraska State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Dave Pankonin's campaign in 2010|
|Nebraska Optometric Association||$3,000|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$3,000|
|Nebraska Cooperative Council||$2,200|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$2,000|
|Nebraska Telecommunications Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$42,311|
In 2008, a year he was not up for re-election, Pankonin collected $18,398 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors||$2,000|
|Nebraska State Education Association||$1,200|
|Nebraska Society of Certified Public Accountants||$1,000|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$750|
Sen. Dave Pankonin
Room 1202, State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: (402) 471-2613
Pankonin was born in Lincoln, Nebraska on December 1, 1951 and raised in Louisville, Nebraska. He is currently married to Lori Pankonin.
- Dave Pankonin's personal website
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Dave Pankonin's farm equipment business - Pankonin's
- LB39 - Provide restrictions relating to petition circulation and change campaign reporting provisions
- Nebraska Secretary of State, "Official Report of the Board of State Canvassers of the State of Nebraska - General Election - November 2, 2010," accessed February 15, 2014
- Nebraska Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- www.1011now.com Sen. Deb Fischer Announces Endorsements from 13 Neb. State Senators, September 21, 2011
- 2010 contribution reports
- 2008 contributions to Dave Pankonin
|Nebraska State Senate District 2
| Succeeded by|