|North Dakota House of Representatives District 30|
|2000 - 2012|
|Per diem||Up to $1,040/month for lodging|
|Elections and appointments|
|Bachelor's||Dickinson State University, 1987|
|Birthday||April 1, 1965|
|Place of birth||Dickinson, ND|
|Profession||Golf Professional, Apple Creek Country Club|
Weiler is a golf professional. His professional experience also includes real estate and seasonal land man.
Weiler earned his BA in business administration from Dickinson State University. He and his wife, Nicole, have four children.
2010 domestic assault controversy
On March 11, 2010 Weiler was arrested after his wife called the authorities to say that he had punched her in the face. It is the second time in less than a year that Weiler was arrested for domestic assault. In April 2009 he pled guilty to pushing his wife to the ground in a parking lot and received a deferred sentence and probation. He was ordered to get a psychological evaluation and counseling for domestic violence.
Following his second arrest, Bismark folksinger Kris Kitko attempted a recall campaign against Weiler. She needed at least 1,902 petition signatures from voters in his district in order to force a recall election. Signatures needed to be gathered by April 9 in order to add the recall to the June 8 primary ballot. Otherwise it would most likely have been a special election on the November 2 general ballot.
In July 2010, prosecutor Ladd Erickson moved to dismiss the charge against Erickson, citing additional evidence and a May 2010 statement by Weiler's wife that the representative had not hit her.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Weiler served on the following committees:
- Finance and Taxation Committee, North Dakota House of Representatives
- Transportation Committee, North Dakota House of Representatives, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Weiler served on the following committee:
|North Dakota House of Representatives, District 30|
|Dave Weiler (R)||3,899|
|Mike Nathe (R)||3,922|
|Carol A Christianson (D-NPL)||2,917|
|Casey Skovran (D-NPL)||2,693|
In 2008, Weiler collected $4,100 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS||$1,200|
|LIGNITE ENERGY COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA PETROLEUM COUNCIL||$500|
|NORTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS COOPERATIVES||$400|
North Dakota Legislative Review
- See also: North Dakota Legislative Review
The North Dakota Policy Council, a North Dakota-based nonprofit research organization, published the North Dakota Legislative Review, a comprehensive report on how state legislators voted during the 2011 legislative session. The scorecard seeks to show how North Dakota legislators voted on the principles the Council seeks to promote. The Council recorded and scored votes on both spending bills and policy bills, and awarded points accordingly. Policy issues voted upon included income tax cuts, pension reform, and government transparency. On spending legislation, the Council accorded a percentage score based on how much spending the legislator voted against. On policy legislation, scores range from the highest score (100%) to the lowest (0%). A higher score indicates that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Council. Weiler received a score of 100% on policy legislation and voted against 47.25% of state spending. Weiler was ranked 1st on policy and 1st on spending, out of 94 House members evaluated for the study.
- North Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Dave Weiler
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004, 2000
- Repersentative Weiler State Surge sponsored bills
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Weiler
- Inforum, "ND state legislator arrested for assaulting his wife for second time in a year," March 12, 2010
- Grand Forks Herald, "Folksinger starts recall campaign to remove Bismarck legislator," March 28, 2010
- Bismarck Tribune, "Prosecutor moves to dismiss Weiler charge," July 14, 2010. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- North Dakota House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- 2008 contributions
- North Dakota Policy Council "The North Dakota Legislative Review - 2011," accessed January 20, 2014
- North Dakota Policy Council "2011 North Dakota Legislative Review Rankings," accessed January 26, 2014
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |