|U.S. Senate, Texas|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Other||DDS, University of Texas Health Science, 1981|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1974-1977|
Alameel's campaign website listed the following issues:
- The American Dream
- Excerpt: "The American Dream is fading away. It has been destroyed by the “Trickle Down” economics’ policies of the Republican Party. Our government and “We the People” have been deprived economically while most of the wealth was being channeled freely to the upper 1% through government policies dictated by Wall Street."
- How To Restore The American Dream
- Excerpt: "Put America back to work with the high paying jobs and benefits which existed before the advent of “Reagonomics." Assure a first class education for all Americans so that the best and the brightest can move to the top."
- Remarks on Economic Issues
- Excerpt: "Capitalism without a social and spiritual purpose to serve the collective interest of the People and enrich their lives will ultimately fail just like Communism did. Instead, it must allow some room for the working family to enjoy the fruits of their labor with their family, and provide their children with dreams of a better life and true freedom. Since Conservatives came to power, capitalism has become feudalistic and oppressive."
Alameel is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Texas. Alameel and Kesha Rogers advanced past the Democratic primary on March 4, 2014. Alameel defeated Rogers in the runoff election on May 27, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
|U.S. Senate, Texas Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Maxey Marie Scherr||17.7%||90,359|
|Source: Texas Secretary of State|
|David Alameel (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||February 6, 2014||$0||$1,000,000.00||$(257,586.30)||$742,413.70|
|Pre-Primary||February 20, 2014||$742,413.70||$2,779,364.32||$(3,039,471.40)||$482,306.62|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$482,306.62||$5,613,799.35||$(5,909,253.29)||$186,852.68|
|Pre-Run-Off||May 15, 2014||$186,852.68||$17,442.70||$(139,343.14)||$64,952.24|
Alameel and his wife, Martha, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Alameel + Texas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed June 10, 2012
- The Texas Tribune, "Primary 2014 Election Results," March 4, 2014
- Associated Press, "Election Results May 27, 2014," accessed May 27, 2014
- Texas Democrats, "2012 Candidate list," accessed May 10, 2012
- Texas Secretary of State, "Unofficial Democratic primary results," May 29, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "David Alameel Year-End," accessed February 16, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Alameel Pre-Primary," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Alameel April Quarterly," accessed April 29, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "David Alameel Pre-Run-Off," accessed June 18, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |