David Anderson (South Dakota)
|South Dakota House District 16|
|May 13, 2013 - Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||May 13, 2013|
|Appointed by||Dennis Daugaard|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|High school||Canton High School|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University|
|Profession||Insurance businessman and farmer|
Anderson graduated from Canton High School and earned a bachelor's degree in agricultural business from South Dakota State University. He owns Canton Insurance Agency and serves as president of the Farm Mutual Insurance Company of Lincoln County. He also was chairman of the board of National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies in 2001 and 2002. He is the fifth generation farmer in his family, working on the same land that previous generations did near Hudson. He is also a volunteer firefighter and the son of Larry Anderson, who served as state representative from the same region from 1971 to 1981.
Anderson has a wife, Karen, and two children. He is a member of Lands Lutheran Church.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Anderson + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- 2 Men Face Murder Charges In SF Shooting - KDLT News
- Two men arrested in Watertown, charged with first degree murder - Sioux Falls Argus Leader
- Offseason Braves Best Template - Tomahawk Take
- Mojo - November 2013 - Mother Jones (blog)
- Education shoutouts - Salisbury Post
- American News Scrapbook for Nov. 11, 2013 - AberdeenNews.com
- GOP group money down, hints at donor uncertainty - Anderson Independent Mail
Patty Miller (R)
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 16
May 13, 2013-present
| Succeeded by|