Washington State Senate, District 32
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
David Baker ran for the Washington State Senate District 32. He defeated Patty Butler (D) in the August 17, 2010 primary and was defeated by Maralyn Chase (D) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Washington State Senate, District 32 Primary (2010)|
|Maralyn Chase (D)||14,928||47.66%|
|David Baker (R)||12,478||39.84%|
|Patty Butler (D)||3,915||12.50%|
Baker's website lists the following issues:
- Taxes and Spending
- Excerpt: "I want to eliminate wasteful spending and reduce taxes. I support zero-based budgeting so that every dollar of spending is justified. I support performance based audits so we can verify where we are getting true value for our taxes and where we are not. "
- Excerpt: "I will fight to make sure that state transportation dollars are spent here, in the traffic choked suburbs of Seattle, where traffic improvements are desperately needed."
- Excerpt: "I believe our state can out-compete any other state with the right economic policies. I will work to make our state more "business friendly" so we can keep and expand jobs for us and our children."
- Excerpt: "We must eliminate the urban and suburban street gangs that breed future generations of criminals. I support tougher penalties for crimes against children and the elderly."
- Excerpt: "I want to cut the state education bureaucracy and move those dollars to the local school systems where they can make a real difference. I support smaller class sizes. I want teachers teaching, not doing paperwork or acting as security guards. "
- Excerpt: "We all appreciate our unique Northwest quality of life. I will work to keep our air and water clean. We can protect our unique natural treasures without infringing on private property rights."
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- List of all Washington legislative candidates who have filed
- Baker's campaign website
- Senate Republican Campaign Committee
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found