|Kentucky State Senate District 8|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Boswell received his diploma from Owensboro Catholic High School in 1968. He went on to attend Brescia University and Western Kentucky University in 1972 and 1973, respectively.
Boswell has worked as a Sales Executive for Energy Resources Development. He was a Legislative Agent from 1987 to 1988. He worked as Legislative Liaison for the Office of Governor Wallace G. Wilkinson from 1989 to 1990. He then worked in Energy Development for Addwest Mining Company from 1991 to 1996. He has been a Sales/Marketing Director for Executive Inn-Rivermont Hotel & Convention Center since 1996.
While a member of the Kentucky State Senate, Boswell served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Appropriations Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Natural Resources and Energy Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Kentucky State Senate
- See also: Kentucky State Senate elections, 2010
In the May 18 primary election, Boswell ran unopposed.
|Kentucky State Senate, District 8 (2006)|
|David Boswell (D)||23,616||100%|
Boswell has collected $138,355 in donations in 2010.
In 2006, Boswell collected $9,600 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kentucky Equine Education Alliance||$2,000|
|Kentucky Optometric Association||$1,500|
|Kentucky Hospital Association||$1,250|
|Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 633||$1,000|
Boswell and his wife, Sandi, have two children.
- Kentucky State Senate Democratic Caucus
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994
- Voting record from KentuckyVotes.org
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General Election Results," accessed July 10, 2014
- Kentucky Secretary of State, "Official 2010 Primary Election Results," accessed July 10, 2014
- 2006 Kentucky State Senate Election Results
- District 8 Kentucky State Senate, 2006 Money Raised
- 2010 Contributions to David Boswell
- 2006 Contributions to David Boswell
|Kentucky State House
| Succeeded by|
Delbert S. Murphy
|Kansas State Senate District 8
| Succeeded by|
Joe Bowen (R)