|U.S. House, Colorado, District 3|
|Bachelor's||University of Colorado|
was a 2014 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. House
to represent the 3rd Congressional District
Cox holds a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Colorado.
Cox's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Economy: "Contemporary economic instability, stagnation, and dissatisfaction is derived from crony "capitalism" that dominates Washington DC and the rest of our economy. We have been subjected to over 100 years of incremental attack on free market capitalism that has left us with an unstable, deformed corpse of free market abundance. "
- Defense: "Our nation’s defense policy has been co-opted by international interests that have used our military as a tool of their own schemes to the detriment of the defense of the United States. It's time to refocus our efforts. We can target international criminals without occupying territory and installing puppet political and economic systems. We can seal our borders and protect our union while saving money and lowering the deficit."
- Education: "Education is properly controlled and catalyzed from the local level. Teachers, parents, and local communities are the most important elements in education. Without empowering local control, educational efforts cannot succeed. "
- Health Care: "President Obama’s expansion of President Bush’s consolidation of power over the medical system (Medicaid Part D) through the dishonestly named “Affordable Care Act” has created higher costs and lower quality of care, not to mention loss of insurance coverage for millions of Americans."
- Immigration: "Since every person inhabiting the United States, other than the fraction of indigenous peoples, are descended from immigrants, it is inconsistent to be anti-immigration. However, when the vast majority of the world subsists in destitute poverty and transportation has become available to all, believing that the United States can support a completely open immigration policy is shortsighted."
—David Cox's campaign website, http://www.davidcoxforcongress.com/
- See also: Colorado's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
Cox ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Colorado's 3rd District. Cox was defeated by incumbent Scott Tipton in the Republican primary on June 24, 2014.
|U.S. House, Colorado District 3 Republican Primary, 2014
Scott Tipton Incumbent
| David Cox
|Source: Colorado Secretary of State
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Cox + Colorado + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
David Cox News Feed
- ↑ Colorado GOP, "2014 Federal & Statewide Candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "About David," accessed April 17, 2014
- ↑ Campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 17, 2014
- ↑ Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- ↑ Colorado Secretary of State, "Primary election results," accessed June 24, 2014