David Curtis (North Carolina legislator)
|North Carolina State Senate District 44|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill|
|Master's||Southern College of Optometry|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||5|
Curtis earned an undergraduate degree in Economics from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill. He later earned a Doctorate in Optometry from Southern College of Optometry. Curtis is the owner of Carolina Eye Care. He served for five years in the United States Air Force.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Curtis served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations on Education/Higher Education|
|• Education/Higher Education|
|• Health Care|
|• Pensions & Retirement & Aging|
Curtis' website highlighted the following issues:
- "Christian worldview"
- "Working for smaller government, fewer regulations, and a job creating environment"
- "Working toward getting our state financial house in order so we can lower"
- "Taxes for all North Carolina citizens and businesses in North Carolina, thereby creating more jobs"
Elections for the office of North Carolina State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 6, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent David Curtis is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Curtis ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina State Senate District 44. He was opposed in the Republican primary on May 8 by Karen Ray and Chris Carney. Curtis advanced to a primary runoff on July 17, 2012, where he defeated Chris Carney. He defeated Ross Bulla (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina State Senate, District 44, General Election, 2012|
|North Carolina State Senate District 44 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Chris Carney (advanced to runoff)||35.1%||8,865|
|David Curtis (advanced to runoff)||34.1%||8,613|
Comprehensive donor information for Curtis is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Curtis raised a total of $50,954 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 29, 2013.
|David Curtis's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||North Carolina State Senate, District 44||$50,954|
|Grand Total Raised||$50,954|
2012Curtis won election to the North Carolina State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Curtis raised a total of $50,954.
|North Carolina State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Curtis (North Carolina legislator)'s campaign in 2012|
|North Carolina State Optometric Society||$9,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$50,954|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Curtis and his wife, Rachel, have three children and four grandchildren.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Curtis + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- davidcurtisforncsenate.com - About
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections "Candidate lists," Accessed March 12, 2012
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results, 2012" Accessed June 18, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Curtis, David Lamar" Accessed August 29, 2013
Warren Daniel (R)
|North Carolina State Senate District 44
| Succeeded by|