was a 2012 Republican
candidate who sought election to the U.S. Senate
Dodt's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Right now the greatest threat to world peace is China. Yes. I know were all concerned about the Middle East. Every time we buy a product made in China a percentage of that sale is sent to their military."
- Excerpt: "If elected to the Senate I will never support this kind of sale of any military equipment, that in any way could be used against us or any of our allies."
- Excerpt: "On our economy, I do believe in the FLAT TAX. This was proposed by Steve Forbes back in the 1980’s. Over 20 Countries are using this system and they are prospering."
- Excerpt: "Social Security payments should be Tax Free. That and if a senior works they should not be penalized for doing so."
- Economic Collapse Responsibility
- Excerpt: "Have the people that are responsible for the nation’s recent economic collapse prosecuted for Profiteering during a Time of War. That makes sense, but what happened? They got bonuses."
- Excerpt: "Your Second Amendment Rights will be protected when I’m elected to the U.S. Senate."
- Excerpt: "I also believe Life begins at conception. I am an anti-abortionist and will not support abortion."
- Excerpt: "The Obama Care is a disaster in progress."
- Excerpt: "The Democrats held both houses of Congress and still couldn’t come up with a Federal Budget. I know that politicians get elected telling people that they can do things for them. They seldom say no to anything. It effects their election, or re-election and of course, campaign contributions."
- Excerpt: "Have you noticed the price of crude oil lately? It goes up or down based on the performance of the New York Stock Exchange. It doesn’t seem to be affected by fuel availability, sometimes called market forces."
- See also: United States Senate elections in Ohio, 2012
Dodt ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Ohio. Dodt was defeated by Josh Mandel in the Republican primary on March 6, 2012.