|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 29|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Service/branch||United States Air Force|
|Years of service||4|
|Profession||Pastor and businessman|
Following graduation from high school, Adkins enlisted in the United States Air Force. He worked as a firefighter while stationed at Kirtland Air Force Base. He also served in "Operation Desert Shield."
Professionally, Adkins owns and operates a small business. He also serves as a pastor at the New Covenant Church.
Adkins listed the following issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "As our State Representative, David will support pro-business polices that help create good jobs. We can do this by cutting job-killing taxes and reduce red-tape at the state level."
- Excerpt: "[H]e will balance our state budget by cutting wasteful spending and not raising our taxes."
- Excerpt: "Ending the practice of the giving illegal immigrants driver’s licenses..."
- Public safety
- Excerpt: "[S]upporting tougher DWI laws..."
Elections for the office of New Mexico House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 4, 2014. David Adkins defeated incumbent Thomas Anderson in the Republican primary, while Ronnie Martinez was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Adkins and Martinez will face off in the general election.
|New Mexico House of Representatives, District 29 Republican Primary, 2014|
|David Edward Adkins||51.2%||494|
|Thomas Anderson Incumbent||48.8%||470|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Adkins + New + Mexico + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Mexico House of Representatives
- New Mexico State Legislature
- New Mexico House of Representatives elections, 2014
- New Mexico House of Representatives District 29
- Official campaign website
- David Adkins on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Mexico Secretary of State, 2014 Primary Election Candidate List
- Elect David Adkins: "About David," accessed April 14, 2014
- Elect David Adkins: "Issues," accessed April 14, 2014
- New Mexico Secretary of State, "Official Results Primary Election - June 3, 2014," accessed July 7, 2014
- New Mexico State Legislature, "2014 Primary Election Candidates," accessed May 13, 2014