|Board Member, Adams 12 Five Star Schools, District 3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Adams 12 Five Star Schools, District 3 General Election, 4-year term, 2013|
|Source: Adams County, Colorado "Election Summary Report," November 19, 2013|
Elliott did not receive any official endorsements for his campaign.
In response to a candidate survey, Elliott provided the following goal of his campaign:
"One goal is to ensure that our children continue to receive a quality education, another goal is to see more dollars from the state budget sent to education, specifically for the Adams 12 school district."
In the same survey, Elliott also stated that the following was the largest issue confronting the school district:
"I believe the top issue in 5 years will be the budget. Education is expensive and we need to invest in our children's future (they are the next generation of leaders). One way to do this is to receive more grant money from the federal and state programs. We could also ask the state legislature to increase our budget in upcoming years."
What was at stake?
Two seats on the board were at stake in this election. Incumbent Rico Figueroa ran unopposed to keep his District 4 seat after challenger Amy Speers was deemed ineligible to run due to her residency outside of the district, while in District 3, the retirement of current board member Dr. Frederick J. Schaefer left the seat open to newcomers Joshua Bastian, Debbie Christensen, David Elliott and Kathy Plomer. On November 5, the Colorado Secretary of State issued a rule stating that votes for disqualified candidates cannot be reported, which includes Speers.
About the district
- See also: Adams 12 Five Star Schools, Colorado
Adams County underperformed the rest of Colorado in terms of its average household income, poverty rate and higher education achievement in 2011. The median household income in Adams County is $56,089 compared to $57,685 for the state of Colorado. The poverty rate in Adams County is 14.0% compared to 12.5% for the entire state. The U.S. Census also found that 20.7% of Adams County residents aged 25 years and older attained a bachelor's degree compared to 36.3% in Colorado as a whole.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Elliott + Adams + Five + Star + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The SAG Awards Best Speeches?And What They Mean for Oscar - Daily Beast
- Goodbye to Pennsylvania's Voter ID - Daily Beast
- Friday's high schools roundup: Ypsilanti Lincoln passes huge test - The Detroit News
- Boys Basketball: Linden's Quadri Moore tops latest Union County stat leaders - NJ.com
- Phoenix networking calendar for week of Jan. 16 - Phoenix Business Journal
- Arts & Entertainment this weekend and looking ahead, updated Jan. 17 - TCPalm
- Sen. Feinstein and the Pink Drone - Daily Beast
- Tom Coburn To Resign From Senate - Daily Beast
- Entertainment calendar Jan. 17, 2014 - Fairfield Daily Republic
- 13 Oscar Nomination Shockers: Oprah, Tom Hanks, 'Inside Llewyn Davis,' and ... - Daily Beast
- Colorado TRACER, "Candidate and Candidate Committee Detail," Accessed December 20, 2013
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, "David Elliott," accessed October 7, 2013
- Adams 12 Five Star Schools, "District determines candidate for board of education ineligible to run in Director District 4," accessed October 30, 2013
- Adams County, Colorado, "Media Advisory Adams 12 Five Star Schools Update," accessed November 6, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Adams County, Colorado," accessed October 2, 2013
- Colorado Secretary of State, "Total Registered Voters By Party Affiliation and Status," accessed October 2, 2013