|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46|
|November 5, 2014 - Present|
|November 5, 2018|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama|
|J.D.||The University of Alabama School of Law|
Faulkner is a civil litigation attorney.
Hoover Sun highlighted Faulkner's following campaign themes:
- Biggest issue facing the state
- "While I believe Gov. [Robert] Bentley has done a good job in turning Alabama’s economy in the right direction, we must get it running on all cylinders again. Because Jefferson County is the economic center of Alabama, when the state’s economy performs well, we do well, and when the state’s economy performs poorly, it affects us directly. I believe that targeted tax incentives, an emphasis on education and workforce development, and creating an overall pro-business atmosphere are the cure to the economic ills we face."
- Biggest issue facing Hoover
- "We have great schools within this district, and we must ensure their continued success. Everyone who lives in Birmingham is affected at some point by massive traffic congestion, so we must address the transportation problems that exist throughout House District 46 and Jefferson County. We must demand that the people who are elected or appointed to represent us in government are ethical and are serving for the right reasons. We can start with Water Works Board reform legislation being passed."
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Pamela Blackmore-Jenkins, Steve French, Justin Barkley, and David Faulkner faced off in the Republican primary. Because no candidate received more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two vote-getters - French and Faulkner - were scheduled to meet in a runoff election. French withdrew from the runoff race on June 12, 2014, leaving Faulkner unopposed. Faulkner was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 46 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Faulkner's endorsements included the following:
- Alabama Farmers’ Federation
- Alabama Trucking Association
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of December 2014, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
Faulkner and his wife, Nancy, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Faulkner + Alabama + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from the Alabama House of Representatives
- Official campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- David Faulkner on Facebook
- David Faulkner on Twitter
- David Faulkner on LinkedIn
- David Faulkner on Youtube
- LinkedIn, "David Faulkner," accessed May 13, 2014
- The Homewood Star, "French withdraws from District 46 run-off," June 12, 2014
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Elect David Faulkner, "What's new," accessed May 13, 2014
- Elect David Faulkner, "Home page," accessed May 13, 2014
Paul DeMarco (R)
|Alabama House District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|