|Oregon House of Representatives District 10|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Oregon State University|
|Master's||Oregon State University, Willamette University|
Gomberg earned his bachelor's degree in Political Science from Oregon State University in 1977, his master's degree in Economics, History and Political Science from Oregon State University in 1977 and his M.B.A. from Willamette University in 1981. His professional experience includes being the President of Northwest Winds Kite Stores and Gomberg Kite Productions, and working as an Administrative Law Judge for the Motor Vehicles Division from 1985 to 1987.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gomberg served on the following committees:
|Oregon Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Human Services and Housing, Vice Chair|
Elections for the office of Oregon House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent David Gomberg was unopposed in the Democratic primary. He also ran on the Republican party, Independent party and Working Families Party tickets. Gomberg was unchallenged in the general election.
Gomberg won election in the 2012 election for Oregon House District 10. Gomberg was unopposed in the May 15 Democratic primary and defeated Jerome Grant (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Oregon House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Gomberg is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Gomberg raised a total of $182,366 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 13, 2013.
|David Gomberg's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Oregon State House, District 10||$182,366|
|Grand Total Raised||$182,366|
2012Gomberg won election to the Oregon State House in 2012. During that election cycle, Gomberg raised a total of $182,366.
|Oregon State House 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Gomberg's campaign in 2012|
|Oregon Democratic Party||$21,907|
|Building Trades PAC||$21,554|
|Service Employees Local 530||$19,806|
|Oregon Education Association||$15,936|
|Oregon Trial Lawyers Association||$10,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$182,366|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2013, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, first session, was in session from February 4 to July 9. In 2014, the 77th Oregon State Legislature, second session, was in session from February 3 to March 10.
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 Senate Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2013 House Votes
- Oregon Farm Bureau: 2014 State Legislative Summary
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills that impacted the businesses of family farmers and ranchers.
- American Federation of Teachers-Oregon: 2013 Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for issues that are important to AFT-Oregon. Priorities of the organization are based on the issues most important to its members working lives.
- Associated Oregon Industries: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to the business community.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to civil liberties.
- Oregon Education Association: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their record in advocating for and advancing Oregon's public schools.
- Stand for Children-Oregon: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to Oregon's public schools.
- Oregon League of Conservation Voters: 2013 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators are scored based on their voting record for bills relating to conservation.
- Oregon AFSCME: 2013 Report Card on the Oregon Legislature
- Senators were scored on 14 key bills, while Representatives were graded on 17 bills.
Gomberg has a wife, Susan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "David + Gomberg + Oregon + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Official campaign website
- Profile from the Oregon House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Profile from the Democratic Party of Oregon
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Gomberg," accessed May 25, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Official Results - May 20, 2014 Primary Election," accessed July 8, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filing," accessed March 17, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Candidate Filings for the House," accessed April 11, 2012
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official Primary Results for 2012," accessed May 15, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "Oregon State House Official General Results for 2012," accessed May 24, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gomberg, David," accessed June 13, 2013
Jean Cowan (D)
|Oregon House of Representatives - District 10
| Succeeded by|