|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Haener's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Education is David Haener’s top priority. Our current leadership has failed us on educational policies from head start to college. Education is an investment in the future of our children and Michigan needs to deliver on the promise of a quality public education across the state."
Economy and Jobs
- Excerpt: "Equal access to good paying jobs is vital to Michigan’s success. Michigan does not succeed unless we all prosper together. We have the world's best manufacturing labor force and we have the top schools in the nation. We need to send a pro-labor, common sense Democrat to Lansing to make this case."
Roads and infrastructure
- Excerpt: "The condition of our roads is proof positive that the current administration and their representatives are ineffective! David Haener has the forethought to make the investment in our infrastructure. He will work to drop the weight limit on trucks from 164,000 to 80,000."
- Excerpt: "Protecting Michigan’s water, land and air should not be a partisan issue. We are entrusted to protect these resources, our unique and cherished legacy to pass on for future generations. From Trenton to Traverse, we breathe the same air, from Houghton to Huron we walk the same land and from Grand Haven to Grosse Ile, we drink and play in the same water."
- Excerpt: "David Haener believes all people are created equal regardless of their race, gender, or identity, and as such should be afforded the same rights, freedoms, privileges and pay. David will fight for what is right."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. David Haener defeated Andy Linko and Bob Ptaszynski in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Pat Somerville was unopposed in the Republican primary. Somerville faces Haener in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 23 Democratic Primary, 2014|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Haener + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 23
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- David Haener on Facebook
- David Haener on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- davidhaener.com, "Issues," accessed July 28, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |