|Texas House of Representatives, District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Mulberry High School|
|Bachelor's||University of the Ozarks|
|Place of birth||Mulberry, Arkansas|
|Profession||Business developer, oil & gas|
An Arkansas native, Hamilton attended the University of the Ozarks where he played on the schools basketball team. He graduated with a B.A. in political science in 2006.
Following graduation, he pursued a career as a semi-professional basketball player from 2006 through 2007. He then worked part-time in banking and finance while attending classes for a graduate degree in theology from 2008 to 2009. During 2010, he tried his hand at healthcare marketing. He has worked in oil and gas business development since 2011.
Hamilton listed the following themes on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I believe that abortion should be legal only to save the life of the mother, and government funds should be available for women in that situation who cannot afford the cost."
- Excerpt: "[G]overnment debt should be against the law."
- Excerpt: "We need to focus on efficient, effective regulation to promote environmental health and safety, while working with the oil and gas industry rather than attacking it as adversaries...Why has the Keystone XL pipeline not been finished yet?"
- Excerpt: "Common Core and CSCOPE prove that there are people who are intent on manipulating and indoctrinating our children."
- Excerpt: "We absolutely must secure our southern border."
Elections for all 150 seats in the Texas House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on March 4, 2014. Those candidates who did not receive 50% or more of the vote in their party primary on March 4 faced an additional May 27 primary runoff. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in these elections was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Ron Reynolds was unopposed in the Democratic primary. David Hamilton was unopposed in the Republican primary. Reynolds will face Hamilton in the general election.
- Texas State Legislature
- Texas state legislative districts
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State
- Official campaign website
- Twitter feed
- Campaign Facebook page
- Personal Facebook page
- Instagram account
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current ELECTION HISTORY," accessed July 30, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 20, 2014
- David Hamilton: "Issues," accessed January 26, 2014
- The Libertarian Party of Texas, "2014 Texas Representative Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Green Party of Texas, "Greens Release Candidate List," accessed July 30, 2014
- Facebook: "David Hamilton, About," accessed January 26, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |