|Former candidate for|
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 34B|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Duluth, Minnesota|
Professionally, Hoden has 30 years of business experience in construction trades. For the past 10 years, he has owned his own business.
Hoden's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
|“||SMART INVESTMENTS IN: EDUCATION
- Provide equitable and predictable funding for public education from cradle to college/career. - Expand high quality early childhood education programs such as ECFE. - Promote PSEO and STEM programs so students can make informed career and college choices. - Make college affordable by cutting administration costs and extending tuition freezes.
SMART INVESTMENTS IN: HEALTH CARE
- Provide fresh ideas to ensure a successful rollout for small businesses. - Improve MNsure’s online exchange system to make enrolling easier. - Continue to drive down health care costs for all Minnesotans. - Work to find health-care solutions and avoid partisan gridlock.
SMART INVESTMENTS IN: TRANSPORTATION
- Promote smart expansion through long-term dedicated funding. - Invest in regional transit options such as the Bottineau Blvd LRT. - Improve access to quality jobs with new bus rapid transit options.
Elections for the office of Minnesota House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 12, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 3, 2014. David Hoden was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Dennis Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary. Smith defeated Hoden in the general election.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 34B General Election, 2014|
Hoden ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 34B. He was unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Kurt Zellers (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 34B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Kurt Zellers Incumbent||54.6%||12,802|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 1, 2014
- Hoden for House, "About David," accessed June 16, 2014
- David Hoden for House, "Issues," accessed October 21, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "State Canvassing Board Report," August 19, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed July 25, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2014 Election Results," accessed November 4, 2014
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- State of Minnesota, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report," December 8, 2010