|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives District 67|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||State University of New York at Fredonia|
|Ph.D.||Carnegie Mellon University|
|Profession||History professor, Heidelberg College|
Hogan's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The future of our state and country depends on us having an educated and prepared workforce, ready to compete with other nations in the twenty-first century. "
- Excerpt: "Beyond crisis mode, state government must also invest significant public resources in scientific and industrial innovations. Economists predict that the major industries of the future will be centered on ideas and technologies that have yet to even be discovered. State government needs to recognize, nurture, and fund the innovators and entrepreneurs who will lead Ohio’s economy into the next century, just as Ohioans John Rockefeller, Wilbur Wright, and Thomas Edison did in the past."
- Excerpt: "Capital punishment is something I believe should be implemented for the worst crimes imaginable. Though not a proven deterrent to crime, it guarantees that the most dangerous offenders will not repeat their vile acts."
- Excerpt: "Gun ownership should only be abridged by criminal history or mental illness. Concealed carry should also be legal, with a thorough background check. We currently have an extensive criminal check, but demonstrated by the recent shooting in Arizona, gun buyers and concealed-carry applicants need to be even more thoroughly screened for disabling mental illness."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. David Hogan was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Andrew Brenner was unopposed in the Republican primary. Brenner defeated Hogan in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 67 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Andrew Brenner Incumbent||67.9%||25,501|
Hogan ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 67. Hogan was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by Andrew O. Brenner (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 67, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Andrew O. Brenner Incumbent||62.5%||37,315|
Hogan and his wife, Lee Ann, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Hogan + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 67
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Follow the Money
- David Hogan on Facebook
- David Hogan on Twitter
- hoganforohio.org, "Issues," accessed August 25, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- Hoganforohio.com, "About us," accessed September 28, 2012
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |