|Oklahoma State Senate, District 40|
Hooten's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Get the basics right – then get out of the way
- Excerpt: "Government should focus on core functions, like schools, roads and public safety, and do them very well. Beyond that, government has grown far too large and intrusive in our daily lives."
Get the right return for taxpayers– stop wasting money
- Excerpt: "State government has hundreds of agencies, boards and commissions, many of them overlapping and poorly managed. We need leaders with the experience to make tough choices, and the commitment to see them through. We must get the bureaucrats under control."
Get on the right side for business – help, don’t hurt
- Excerpt: "Our legal, tax and regulatory environment should foster economic growth. Instead, we drown entrepreneurs in mountains of paper work, taxes and regulations."
Protect our Oklahoma values – they’re right for our families and our community
- Excerpt: "Many things make Oklahoma special, but our values set us apart. From a strong work ethic, to our neighborly spirit and appreciation for family and Christian faith, there’s no better place to live, work and raise a family. In every action it takes, our state government should reflect this unique heritage."
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 24, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. John Handy Edwards was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Steve Kern and Ervin Yen defeated Joe Howell, Michael Taylor, David Hooten and Brian Winslow in the Republican primary. Yen defeated Kern in the August 26 primary runoff. Edwards will face Yen in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 40, Run-off Republican Primary, 2014|
|Ervin Yen (advanced to general election)||65.2%||3,388|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + Hooten + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
- Oklahoma State Senate District 40
- Official campaign website
- David Hooten on Facebook
- David Hooten on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart