|Iowa House of Representatives, District 74|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Northern Iowa|
|Place of birth||Marion, IA|
Jacoby's professional experience includes working as the Owner of Dave's Resales and Program Director of Workforce Initiatives.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Jacoby served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Veterans Affairs|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacoby served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Jacoby served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Economic Growth|
|• Rebuild Iowa and Disaster Recovery|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Dave Jacoby was unopposed in the Democratic primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Jacoby ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 74. Jacoby ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012. No Republican candidates filed in the district. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
Jacoby won re-election to the 30th District Seat in 2010 against Dustin Krutsinger (L). In the June 8th primary election, Jacoby defeated Democratic primary opponent John J. Stellmach by a margin of 1,165 to 159. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30 General Election (2010)|
|David Jacoby (D)||9,924|
|Dustin Krutsinger (L)||2,560|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 30|
|David Jacoby (D)||15,851|
Comprehensive donor information for Jacoby is available dating back to 2004. Based on available campaign finance records, Jacoby raised a total of $155,671 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|David Jacoby's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 74||$41,057|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 30||$41,619|
|2008||Iowa State House, District 30||$32,100|
|2006||Iowa State House, District 30||$25,968|
|2004||Iowa State House, District 30||$14,927|
|Grand Total Raised||$155,671|
2012Jacoby won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jacoby raised a total of $41,057.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Jacoby's campaign in 2012|
|Iowa Association of Realtors||$3,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,000|
|Iowa Beverage Systems||$1,250|
|Principal Life Insurance||$1,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$41,057|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Jacoby collected $41,619 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed as follows:
|Iowa House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Jacoby's campaign in 2010|
|Associated General Contractors Of Iowa||$1,500|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$1,500|
|Iowa Association Of Realtors||$1,500|
|Iowa Bankers Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$41,619|
In 2008 Jacoby collected $32,100 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,500|
|Iowa Dental Association||$2,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$1,750|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$1,500|
Jacoby is a member of the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce, Saint Thomas More Catholic Church and the Youth Leadership Program Board.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term David + Jacoby + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 74
- Iowa State Legislature
- David Jacoby's Campaign Website
- David Jacoby on the Iowa Legislature Website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- The Des Moines Register, "Election2014," accessed November 5, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed October 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Jacoby, Dave," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2010 Contributions," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign Contributions," accessed April 8, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed April 8, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Glen H. Massie (R)
|Iowa House District 74
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 30
| Succeeded by|
Joe Riding (D)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |