|Mississippi State Senate District 24|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Birthday||April 3, 1934|
|Place of birth||Leflore County, Mississippi|
Jordan served on the Greenwood City Council.
Jordan attended the University of Wyoming and Mississippi Valley State University. Now retired, his professional experience includes working as a science teacher.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Jordan served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Drug Policy, Chair|
|• County Affairs|
|• Environment Prot, Cons and Water Res|
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Jordan served on these committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Drug Policy|
|• Investigate State Offices|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2011
Jordan ran for re-election to the Mississippi Senate District 24. He defeated Earl Blackmon in the primary on August 2, 2011. No candidates ran in the Democratic primary. Rogrick Wardell is running for election as an Independent. The general election took place on November 8, 2011.
|Mississippi State Senate, District 22 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||David Jordan Incumbent||77.2%||9,675|
|Mississippi State Senate, District 24 Democratic Primary, 2011|
|David Jordan Incumbent||58.6%||5,714|
- See also: Mississippi State Senate elections, 2007
David Jordan raised $16,400 for his campaign.
|Mississippi Senate, District 24|
|David Jordan (D)||7,968||72.6%|
|Larry Neal (R)||3,001||27.4%|
In 2011, Jordan received $6,900 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi State Senate 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to David Jordan's campaign in 2011|
|MNA - PAC||$700|
|Miss Associate Of Education||$500|
|Mississippi Malt Beverage Association||$500|
|Baker Donelson-Miss (PAC)||$500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$6,900|
|Total Votes received in 2011||9,675|
|Cost of each vote received||$0.71|
In 2009 David Jordan collected $2,800 in donations.
His contributor in 2009 was:
Jordan has a wife, Christine.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term David + Jordan + Mississippi + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile on Project Vote Smart
- Biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Mississippi Department of State, 2011 Official State Senate Candidate List
- Mississippi State Senate official election results for 2007
- Follow the Money's report on Jordan's 2007 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- 2009 contributors to David Jordan
|Mississippi State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|