|Pennsylvania State House District 130|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Kessler earned his B.S. in Marketing and Business from York College in 1979. His professional experience includes his work as owner/operator of Tri-State Funding.
Kessler served on the Oley Township Planning Commission from 1991 to 2006. He also served as Oley Township Supervisor from 1993 to 2006. In 2007, Kessler joined the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. He served in that position until 2010, representing the 130th District.
While a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Kessler served on the following committees:
- Agriculture & Rural Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives, Vice Chair
- Environmental Resources & Energy Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Finance Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Intergovernmental Affairs Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Local Government Committee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Kessler lost his bid for re-election to the 130th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition but lost to Republican David Maloney in the general election which took place on November 2, 2010.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 130|
|David R. Kessler (D)||18,479||56.3%|
|Richard L. Gokey (R)||14,344||43.7%|
Kessler and his wife, Gail, have two children.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives - Rep. David Kessler
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 130
| Succeeded by|
David Maloney (R)
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |