David King (California)
|California Attorney General|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||June 3, 2014|
|California Regional Water Quality Control Board|
|Bachelor's||University of Florida (1991)|
|Master's||University of San Diego (2002)|
|J.D.||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1997)|
King earned his B.S. in accounting in 1991 from the University of Florida. Upon graduation, he worked as an auditor and then Senior Accountant for Deloitte until 1994 when he enrolled in law school at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. King has also worked at Brown & Wood, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, as a city attorney of San Diego, and currently in his own firm, The King Law Group. King has worked as an attorney since earning his J.D. in 1997.
King also earned a Master of Laws at the University of San Diego with a concentration in Environmental Law in 2002.
King was a member of the California Regional Water Quality Control Board from 2006-2010, during which time he served as Presiding Officer of the Bay Sediment Cleanup and Chairman of the Board. His responsibilities in this role included protecting and minimizing pollution of the ocean, coastline and water bodies throughout southern California.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting - University of Florida (1991)
- Juris Doctor - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1997)
- Master of Laws - University of San Diego (2002)
|Attorney General of California, Blanket Primary, 2014|
|Democratic||Kamala Harris Incumbent||53.2%||2,177,480|
|Election Results via California Secretary of State.|
King submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I would enforce the law whether enacted by the Legislature or by the voters. I would reform the implementation of Prop. 109, which allows recidivist parolees to return to the street sooner, and incarcerates them in county jail instead of state prison. What will be unique about my campaign and my beliefs about the office is that I will focus on the burdens our state government imposes on ordinary Californians and business owners.||”|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "David + King + California + Attorney + General"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California Secretary of State, "Voter Guide: Voluntary Campaign Spending Limits for Candidates for Statewide Elective Office," accessed March 28, 2014 (dead link)
- Email submission to Ballotpedia on April 21, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on April 6, 2014
- Email submission to Ballotpedia on April 7, 2012
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board, "July Minutes," July 14, 2010
- California Regional Water Quality Control Board, "About Us," accessed April 10, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of California
|Ballot measures by year||
1910 | 1911 | 1912 | 1914 | 1915 | 1916 | 1919 | 1920 | 1922 | 1924 | 1926 | 1928 | 1930 | 1932 | 1933 | 1934 | 1935 | 1936 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1942 | 1944 | 1946 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1952 | 1954 | 1956 | 1958 | 1960 | 1962 | 1964 | 1966 | 1968 | 1970 | 1972 | 1973 | 1974 | 1976 | 1978 | 1980 | 1982 | 1984 | 1986 | 1988 | 1990 | 1992 | 1993 | 1994 | 1996 | 1998 | 2000 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2006 (local) | 2008 | 2008 (local) | 2009 | 2009 (local) | 2010 | 2010 (local) | 2011 (local) | 2012 | 2012 (local) | 2014 |
|State executive offices||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Controller | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary for Natural Resources | Director of Industrial Relations | President of Public Utilities |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
California school districts A - L |
California school districts M - Z |