David Larsen, New Jersey
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New Jersey, District 7|
|Bachelor's||College of Staten Island|
Larsen runs his family's home construction business.
According to his website, Larsen's campaign platform included the following issues:
- Pro-life policies
- Constitutionally limited government
- Reduced regulations
Larsen considered his chances better this time, with the redrawn 7th District including a large number of conservative voters. There was also less primary competition in 2012, with just Lance and Larsen running for the Republican nomination.
|New Jersey's 7th Congressional District Republican Primary, 2012|
|Leonard Lance Incumbent||60.6%||23,432|
Larsen ran as a more conservative candidate than Lance, saying Lance was one of the politicians who "call themselves conservatives, but support the Obama agenda." In response, Lance highlighted his conservative votes, including those against Obamacare.
Larsen was endorsed by the American Conservative Union and the Republican National Coalition for Life.
Lance vastly outraised Larsen, with over $651,228 raised compared to Larsen's $15,387.
- WYNC "Live! NJ Election Results," June 5, 2012
- David Larsen campaign website "Meet David," Accessed May 30, 2012
- David Larsen campaign website "Issues," Accessed May 30, 2012
- New Jersey Spotlight "U.S.Congressional District: 7," May 22, 2012
- New Jersey Star-Ledger "David Larsen of Tewksbury challenging Rep. Leonard Lance for seat in Congress," January 5, 2012
- Examiner "David Larsen announces new NJ-7 Congress run," February 24, 2012
- New Jersey Secretary of State "2012 Primary Results"